Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Which plant species is more toxic to cats, Umbrella Tree or Ficus Tree?

We were given two potted indoor trees as a gift. One is an Umbrella Tree, and the other is a Ficus Tree. We want to keep at least one of them, as they are very pretty, but we are worried about our cats.





Our cats have never been known to chew any of our other house plants, but we don't want for one slip-up on their parts to be very toxic or even fatal!





I know some plants are more toxic than others, but maybe someone can shed more light on which (if either plant) is worse.

Which plant species is more toxic to cats, Umbrella Tree or Ficus Tree?
I don't know about the Umbrella Tree, but I have a ficus in my house that my cat nibbles on in the winter and he's suffered no ill effects. The ficus doesn't seem to mind too much either.





When I have some cat grass growing for Destructo-Cat, he leaves my other plants alone.
Reply:idk

children shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment